How to Avoid Fraudulent Scams
Baperi.com is a website hosting classified ads for Health, Properties, Car & bike, Buy & Sell, Course, Jobs, Service, Community, deals and so much more. Unfortunately, on occasions with sites like these, they can become prone to attack by fraudsters and scam artists trying to con innocent users of the website.Hopefully, this guide will help users avoid falling victim to scams and fraud thus remaining safe and more conscious of the transactions carried out online.
Rules to always remember:
- Always deal face-to-face in person.
- Never transfer funds via bkash, Western Union or any other money transfer company.
- Do not accept cashier checks or money orders.
- Transactions should be done from the buyer into the sellers account Only. Never via third party accounts.
- Never give out personal information of bank card numbers, date of birth, personal details etc.
- Never make a purchase without seeing the item in person.
How to recognise a scam:
- Pay attention to the grammar and spelling. Yes there are those who's English is a second language and then there are those looking to make a quick buck will always be cautious.
- Baperi.com has users in Bangladeshi all districts.
- The buyer cannot meet you in person and sends a third party to make the transaction.
- Baperi.com never guarantees or certifies any transaction, seller, buyer or item for sale nor does Baperi.com handle payments on behalf of users.
- If the buyer offers to pay a lump sum in advance for example six months rent without viewing
- the property.
- Electronic goods are often under-priced and commonly used in scams. Asks questions about the product and why it is being offered so cheap.
- Seller cannot talk on the phone but prefers text or emails only.